The Misono family business has made professional grade chef knives for over 60 years! Each knife is made by hand using traditional Japanese techniques, and each piece of the knife is made in-house. Unlike European boning knives that come to a point, the honesuki has a dropped tip making it easier to wiggle your way in between bones. The end closer to the blade becomes much thicker then Western style knives, preventing your hand from dragging as you debone your bird. While this knife was specifically designed for de-boning birds, it can also be used on other proteins like meat.
- STAIN-RESISTANT STEEL – Misono’s Molybdenum line of knives are created with a high carbon stain resistant molybdenum steel blade.
- THE ULTIMATE BONING KNIFE – The honesuki is a poultry boning knife used to separate the meat from the bones. It is lighter and thinner than the garasuki and can be used in place of a Western boning knife.
- QUALITY ASSURANCE – Misono’s popularity stems from the thin profile that allows the knife to be used and sharpened for a long period of time.
- EXCEPTIONAL SHARPNESS – 70:30 Asymmetrical bevel. By concentrating the sharpening on the face of the blade at a steeper angle than on the back, a thin cutting edge is created that approaches the sharpness of a traditional Japanese single edged design.
- LIGHT & NIMBLE – Lightweight and thin, Japanese knives have a sharper blade and maintain their sharpness longer than most other knives.
- Cover not included.
- Dimensions 11.46″ x 2.09″ x 0.98″
- Weight 9.1 oz