One of both the most expensive and highest quality tuna on the market today, this firm yet tender and juicy cut is a favorite among chefs. In the Basque region of Spain, each filet is cooked in seawater and then hardpacked. Higher in omega 3 fatty acids then albacore, yellow tuna is known for its more intense flavor.
Keep this tuna in a cool, dry place and away from direct sunlight until opened then refrigerate.
PEOPLE WHO PURCHASED THIS ALSO PURCHASED
- Pairings – this sauce is versatile and a great foundation for building your own, unique recipe. Try it with a nice bronze extruded spaghetti, some Omnivore Porcini spice mix or beautiful Spanish extra virgin olive oil, and then grate some cave-aged Parmesan Reggiano cheese over it before serving!
Instead of this Yellowfin, try instead this Spanish White Tuna in Oil or Sardines. Or if you’re looking for a delicious, health seafood sauce that’s ready to go out of the jar try this amazing Tuna and Olive. Sicilian sauce!
Please note that this product is perishable and can only be shipped express to make sure that it arrives in good shape. That means the following:
- all orders are shipped using 2-day shipping to be safe to avoid items freezing / melting in transit (please don’t request slower).
- all orders placed after 9:00 AM Wednesday EST time will ship the following Monday (unless national holidays, strikes, global thermonuclear war, etc.) occur.
- We do use insulated packaging and frozen packs for items that require temperature control. We do not do so for ambient items which are all shipped separately (to help save both the environment and your hard-earned savings).
- Ambient items are shipped separately (see above) and will most likely arrive separately as well. We do not mix ambient and refrigerated orders please don’t ask.
- All random weight orders are cut by hand, please note there can be a slight variance in the exact weight of the item cut versus billed. More often than not it will be more then we bill for but once in a while it can be less. This means that overall your order will usually be more then billed for and that in those few cases where 1 item is slightly under weight we will not issue a credit.
- At this time we only ship within the United States, sorry!